SEO should be considered as essential if you run a local or small business – accountants, salons, couriers, dentists, driving schools, gyms, photographers, recruitment agencies, restaurants, caterers, electricians, estate agents, garages, plumbers, solicitors, etc. – because:
- More people search online for local services than look in offline directories, read classified ads or ask friends for recommendations.
- The number of online searches that incorporate a location is in the hundreds of millions now and increases every year.
- You can advertise to people in your local area whether they’re at home on their computer or out with their phone.
- It’s the only way to advertise to someone in your area at the exact moment that they’re looking for a service like yours.
- It’s the most targeted form of advertising. You’re only advertising to people who are specifically interested in your service.
- There’s a high conversion rate for leads generated through local searches. It’s higher than searches for broad, un-localised searches.
- Most people searching for a local service don’t scroll down past the the businesses displayed in Google’s local listings.
By correctly implementing an SEO strategy you can:
- Rank on the 1st page of Google.
- Attract more visitors to your website.
- Receive more calls to your office/store.
- Convert more visitors to leads and sales.